The happy ramblings of a sharp-witted canine scamp.

Thursday, November 09, 2006



FALL LIGHT

Summer pleasures have gone away
But Autumn keeps the blues at bay

Al last the sun is not too hot

Look at all the pep I've got!


How can a puppy girl be dour
Standing 'neath a Fall sunflower?

The trees turn yellow and red and gold

Warm sweaters guard against the cold

At Football games, I jump and cheer!
Put me in coach--I have no fear!
The stands are cold and wait for crowds

I'll run and weave then take my bows
We'll win! We'll win! I guarantee

I'll kick 3 points like Adam V*

The air is cool and crisp and light
The moon is cold and bright at night

Mom says the snow is coming fast

But I think this year the Fall will last

Tuckered out from leaf pile jumping

I take a nap and keep on slumbering

Mom rubs my belly and brushes me

Then softly sings: Go, Go BC!!!


[Editor's Note: I haven't had the heart to tell Banba that Adam V was not resigned by the patriots this year. He's a Colt now. Sigh.]

6 Comments:

Blogger Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Look at you coolio dog with that footbal field all to yourself! Enjoying the poems!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

10:12 AM

 
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

Banba,It's your homey pals A and A. We hate to break it to ya buddy but Adam V. is no more!! Your Mom has been nervous to tell you,but we thought we should( just as well he wasn't so good in the last game against us)Isn't this weather fabulous! Squirrels galore!!My Mom says go to the Arboretum...IT IS LOVELY!!!! Love, Your beantown buddies Agatha and Archie( don't forget the Patriots/ Jets game on Sunday!!!!

7:11 PM

 
Blogger Wired for Mackie said...

Hi Banba,

You are quite the poet pretty girl!

Enjoy the nice fall weather! I like it too!

You pal, Mackie

9:43 AM

 
Blogger M-Fax said...

just saying hi from one dog to another

8:52 PM

 
Blogger Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Banba's back and there's gonna be trouble - hey na hey na Banba's back! Y'know, my mom and I looked on the puter at the cam and never saw you!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

4:50 PM

 
Blogger Deanna said...

Fall is the best! I don't want it to get cold, but I love the weather right now!

12:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home