The happy ramblings of a sharp-witted canine scamp.

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Tra la! It's May! The lusty month of May!
That darling month when ev'ryone throws
Self-control away.
It's time to do...A wretched thing or two
Like start blogging again!!!


I love the month of May!
The smells, the sounds, the smells!
Oh, and the loverly wet, soft ground (and the way it smells!)!
When Mom finally relented and let me near the keyboard again,
I knew that I had to choose the date of my return carefully…
And so, May Day it is! Blogging doggie freedom day!

I know that some of you may wonder where I've been;
well, let me tell you….It has not been easy.

In the past several months, I have been forcibly removed from my comfy mooring in Boston
to some backwater where hawks circle overhead and fisher cats (yeah, I know. They aren't really cats)
screech in the woods at night.

When I want to take a walk, we have to get into the car and drive first!
I hate getting in the car to go find a nice park where we can take a walk.
It's also very quiet most days (not nights—see beasts referenced above)
There are no noisy but fun neighbors coming in and out at all hours,
No dogs calling in the distance for me to come and play
No parade of pups passing by…No sidewalks for goodness sake!
But I am adjusting.
Of course, with all the illnesses I've had this year ( heavy sigh)
It just hasn't been easy.
The vet visits, the hospital stay (they SHAVED me!)
Oh, so much to tell dear friends.

But for now,
Suffice to say that I am back
With stories aplenty and a picture or two
I have missed you all immensely….
I have a lyric for you:

I'm back, I'm back Been gone for far too long
With Keyboard in hand, I have a plan

To while the time away.
I'll blog, I'll blog
And stay close to friends, if only virtually…

Been shuffled around, out of my town

But now I'm back to stay!


(With thanks to Julie Andrews in Camelot): Tra la! It's May! The lusty month of May!
That darling month when ev'ryone throws
Self-control away.
It's time to do

A wretched thing or two,
And try to make each precious day
One you'll always rue!
It's May! It's May!
The month of "yes you may,"
The time for ev'ry frivolous whim,
Proper or "im."
It's wild! It's gay!
A blot in ev'ry way.
The birds and bees with all of their vast
Amorous past

Gaze at the human race aghast,

The lusty month of May.

Licks,
banba











Thickly settled my @#$!

6 Comments:

Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

HOORAY!!! we missed you!!!! Boston isn't the same without you....fischer cats..ewwwwww they are evil stay clear of them.....we hope you are feeling better Love and a million kisses A+A

11:39 AM

 
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Banba, welcome back! J x

2:40 PM

 
Blogger Wired for Mackie said...

Welcome back pretty girl! I missed you! Hope you are feeling well now!

Hugs, Mackie

6:22 PM

 
Anonymous home exchange said...

Heh heh heh great song! Hope that you can find a nicer park nearby soon, put that snout into action! XD

10:45 AM

 
Anonymous Pete said...

My Puppy is very bad and I am having a lot of behavior problems with him in the house.
When I was searching online and I found a true professional
Dog Trainer that trained
my puppy in a short time. He services the South Florida area. He has some very good FREE
Dog Training tips on his website. Check his tips at
www.k9advisors.com

9:46 PM

 
Blogger World of Animals, Inc said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful update with us. We hope that you were feeling well and the fun adventures with be posted soon. Have a fantastic rest of your day.
World of Animals

2:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home